LS7232NT is a CMOS integrated circuit designed for brightness control of incandescent lamps or tranformer coupled low voltage halogen lamps. The brightness is controlled by controlling the firing angle of a triac in series with the lamp and triggered by the LS7232NT. A Phase-Locked-Loop keeps the LS7232NT phase pointer locked in phase with the line voltage.
• Control of incandescent and transformer coupled halogen lamps.
• No-Touch lamp control through optical sensing
• PLL synchronization of AC for wall switch application.
• Extension input for remote control
• Safety-shutdown for transformer malfunction.
• Pin-selectable operating modes
• Single 5V power supply
• 50Hz/60Hz AC line frequency
• LS7232NT (DIP), LS7232NT-S (SOIC) - See Figure 1