TheMC54/74C4060A is identical in pinout to the standard CMOS MC14060B. The deviceinputs are compatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs. This device consists of 14 master–slave flip–flops and an oscillator witha frequency that is controlled either by a crystal or by an RC circuit connected externally. The output of each flip–flop feeds the next and the frequencyat each output is half of that of the preceding one. The state of thecounter advances on the negative–going edge of the Osc In. The active–highReset is asynchronous and disables the oscillator to allow verylow power consumption during stand–by operation. Statechanges of the Q outputs do not occur simultaneously because ofinternal ripple delays.Therefore, decoded output signals are subject to decodingspikes and may have to be gated with Osc Out 2 of the HC4060A.
• Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1 µA
• High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
• In Compliance With JEDEC Standard No. 7A Requirements
• Chip Complexity: 390 FETs or 97.5 Equivalent Gates