The KA7515 provides the necessary features to implement switching mode power supply with a minimal external parts count. Internally implemented circuits include 3V reference voltage block, supply voltage monitoring block to control output through supply voltage and overload amplifier block to control output by external road variation. The KA7515 controls the power MOSFET and performs all necessary regulation and monitoring function in free running flyback converters.
• Good load regulation over a wide load for external components.
• Internal soft-start for quiet start-up.
• Start-up supply current less than 1.6mA.
• Switch-oft supply current less than 10mA.
• Burst operation under short-circuit conditions
• Thermal shutdown through over-temperature.