Undervoltage Sensing Circuit
The MC34064 is an undervoltage sensing circuit specifically designed for use as a reset controller in microprocessor-based systems. It offers the designer an economical solution for low voltage detection with a single external resistor. The MC34064 features a trimmed-in-package bandgap reference, and a comparator with precise thresholds and built-in hysteresis to prevent erratic reset operation. The open collector reset output is capable of sinking in excess of 10 mA, and operation is guaranteed down to 1.0 V input with low standby current. These devices are packaged in 3-pin TO-226AA, 8-pin SO–8 and Micro–8 surface mount packages.
Applications include direct monitoring of the 5.0 V MPU/logic power supply used in appliance, automotive, consumer and industrial equipment.
• Trimmed-In-Package Temperature Compensated Reference
• Comparator Threshold of 4.6 V at 25°C
• Precise Comparator Thresholds Guaranteed Over Temperature
• Comparator Hysteresis Prevents Erratic Reset
• Reset Output Capable of Sinking in Excess of 10 mA
• Internal Clamp Diode for Discharging Delay Capacitor
• Guaranteed Reset Operation with 1.0 V Input
• Low Standby Current
• Economical TO–226AA, SO–8 and Micro–8 Surface Mount Packages