The MC34065 is a high performance, fixed frequency, dual current mode controllers. It is specifically designed for off–line and dc–to–dc converter applications offering the designer a cost effective solution with minimal external components. This integrated circuit feature a unique oscillator for precise duty cycle limit and frequency control, a temperature compensated reference, two high gain error amplifiers, two current sensing comparators, Drive Output 2 Enable pin, and two high current totem pole outputs ideally suited for driving power MOSFETs.
Also included are protective features consisting of input and reference undervoltage lockouts each with hysteresis, cycle–by–cycle current limiting, and a latch for single pulse metering of each output. The MC34065 and MC33065 are available in dual–in–line and surface mount packages.
• Unique Oscillator for Precise Duty Cycle Limit and Frequency Control
• Current Mode Operation to 500 kHz
• Automatic Feed Forward Compensation
• Separate Latching PWMs for Cycle–By–Cycle Current Limiting
• Internally Trimmed Reference with Undervoltage Lockout
• Drive Output 2 Enable Pin
• Two High Current Totem Pole Outputs
• Input Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
• Low Startup and Operating Current