Mosorb devices are designed to protect voltage sensitive components from high voltage, high energy transients. They have excellent clamping capability, high surge capability, low zener impedance and fast response time. These devices are Motorola’s exclusive, cost-effective, highly reliable Surmetic axial leaded package and are ideally-suited for use in communication systems, numerical controls, process controls, medical equipment, business machines, power supplies and many other industrial/consumer applications, to protect CMOS, MOS and Bipolar integrated circuits.
• Standard Voltage Range — 6.2 to 250 V
• Peak Power — 1500 Watts @ 1 ms
• Maximum Clamp Voltage @ Peak Pulse Current
• Low Leakage < 5 µA Above 10 V
• UL Recognition
• Response Time is Typically < 1 ns