Image Info : [PMC-Sierra] PM8379
The CTS 20x4G is designed to interface directly to Fibre Channel disk drives in a storage array. It can interface directly to optics or to cables at the ingress/egress point of an enclosure and is able to determine if an incoming frame is destined for a drive within that enclosure. After determining which port is associated with the frames recipient, a cut through operation to that port is performed thereby significantly reducing system latency and improving performance.
The CTS 20x4G provides unique disk isolation features that significantly increase total system availability, reliability, and serviceability.
• 20 independent rate selectable 1.0625, 2.125 or 4.25 Gbit/s physical interfaces.
• Register and software compatible to the PM8368 PBC 18x2G, PM8369 PBC 18x4G, PM8372 PBC 4x2G and PM8377 PBC 4x4G.
• Compliant to FC jitter specifications on a per-port basis.
• Supports single-ended or differential 106.25 MHz reference clock.
• Per port monitoring and diagnostics:
• LPSM Monitoring on each port.
• Disk isolation and per port serial loopback.
• Configurable Digital Loss of Link: analog LOS Detect, 8B/10B disparity errors/error rate, CRC errors/error rate, word synchronization error/error rate, and compliant frequency of comma patterns detected (configurable thresholds for each with corresponding pin interrupts).
• Integrated cut-through switching and arbitration management enables up to 200% improvement in EDR and IOPS.
• Parallel arbitration supported with arbitration priority and access fairness preserved.
• Automatic or CPU controlled initialization of AL_PA table.
• Supports dynamic half duplex, half/full duplex operation, LPSM transfer state, multicast/broadcast (OPNy).
• SBOD Storage Systems.
• MBOD Storage Systems.
• RAID Storage Systems.
• JBOD Storage Systems.
• FC to SATA Storage Systems.
• FC-AL Nodes.
• Fibre Channel Hubs.
• 1.0625, 2.125, and 4.25 Gbit/s Backplanes.