The TPA3101D2 is a 10-W (per channel) efficient, Class-D audio power amplifier for driving bridged-tied stereo speakers. The TPA3101D2 can drive stereo speakers as low as 4 Ω. The high efficiency of the TPA3101D2, 87%, eliminates the need for an external heat sink when playing music.
The gain of the amplifier is controlled by two gain select pins. The gain selections are 20, 26, 32, 36 dB.
The outputs are fully protected against shorts to GND, VCC, and output-to-output shorts with an auto recovery feature and monitor output.
• 10-W/ch into an 8-Ω Load From a 13-V Supply
• 9.2-W/ch into an 8-Ω Load From a 12-V Supply
• Operates from 10 V to 26 V
• 87% Efficient Class-D Operation Eliminates
Need for Heat Sinks
• Four Selectable, Fixed Gain Settings
• Differential Inputs
• Thermal and Short-Circuit Protection With
Auto Recovery Feature
• Clock Output for Synchronization With
Multiple Class-D Devices
• Surface Mount 7 mm × 7 mm, 48-pin QFN
• Surface Mount 7 mm × 7 mm, 48-pin HTQFP