LS7534 and LS7535 are MOS integrated circuits that are designed for brightness control of incandescent lamps. The outputs of these ICs control the brightness of a lamp by controlling the firing angle of a triac connected in series with the lamp. All internal timings are synchronized with the line frequency by means of a built-in phase-lock loop circuit.
• Phase-lock loop synchronization allows use as a Wall Switch
• Brightness control of incandescent lamps with touch plates (LS7534) or pushbutton switches (LS7535)
• Dual Controls eliminate confusion
• Soft turn-on /turn-off
• Controls the "Duty Cycle" from 23% to 88% (conduction angles for AC half-cycles between 41° and 159°, respectively)
• Operates at 50Hz/60Hz line frequency
• Input for slow dimming
• +12V to +18V DC supply voltage (VSS - VDD)
• LS7534, LS7535, LS7535FT (DIP); - See Figure 1 LS7534-S, LS7535-S, LS7535FT-S (SOIC)
LS7535 is ideal for use in electronic dimmers for “smart-house” type applications because it is designed to be easily controlled by remote switches.