The ML9040-Axx/-Bxx is a dot matrix LCD controller which is fabricated in low power CMOS silicon gate technology. Character display on the dot matrix character type LCD can be controlled in combination with a 4-bit or 8-bit microcontroller. This LSI consists of 16-dot COMMON driver, 40-dot SEGMENT driver, display data RAM, character generator RAM, character generator ROM and control circuit.
• Easy interface with an 8-bit or 4-bit microcontroller.
• Dot matrix LCD controller/driver for lowercase (5 x 7 dots) or uppercase (5 x 10 dots).
• Automatic power ON reset.
• COMMON signal drivers (16) and SEGMENT signal drivers (40).
• Can control up to 80 characters when used in combination with MSM5259.
• Character generator ROM for 160 characters with lowercase (5 x 7 dots) and 32 characters with
uppercase (5 x 10 dots).
• Character patterns are programmable by character generator RAM. (Lowercase: 5 x 8 dots, 8 patterns, uppercase: 5 x 11 dots, 4 patterns).
• Built-in oscillation circuit to connect with external resistor or ceralock.
• 1/8 duty (1 line; 5 x 7 dots + cursor), 1/11 duty (1 line; 5 x 10 dots + cursor), or 1/16 duty (2
lines; 5 x 7 dots + cursor), selectable.
• Clear display even at 1/5 bias, 3.0V LCD driving voltage.
• LCD driving waveform
ML9040-Axx: A mode
ML9040-Bxx: B mode
• Package options:
80-pin plastic QFP (QFP80-P-1420-0.80-BK)
(Product name: ML9040-Axx/-BxxGA)
xx indicates code number.