Octal Buffer/Line Driver with 3-State Outputs
The MC74AC540/74ACT540 and MC74AC541/74ACT541 are octal buffer/line drivers designed to be employed as memory and address drivers, clock drivers and bus oriented transmitter/receivers. The MC74AC541/74ACT541 is a noninverting option of the MC74AC540/74ACT540.
These devices are similar in function to the MC74AC240/74ACT240 and MC74AC244/74ACT244 while providing flow-through architecture (inputs on opposite side from outputs). This pinout arrangement makes these devices especially useful as output ports for microprocessors, allowing ease of layout and greater PC board density.
• 3-State Outputs
• Inputs and Outputs Opposite Side of Package, Allowing Easier Interface to Microprocessors
• Outputs Source/Sink 24 mA
• MC74AC540/74ACT540 Provides Inverted Outputs
• MC74AC541/74ACT541 Provides Noninverted Outputs
• ′ACT540 and ′ACT541 Have TTL Compatible Inputs